Subject: Pardon me, but would you like cheese with your whine?
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert C. Tindall <rtindall@delta.math.wsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1996 16:29:49
Honest, I'll quit whining eventually.

Ok, it's PPP time.  I've just about memorized the whole 1 paragraph in
the FAQ, so I can ftp to ftp.macbsd.com/private/wrstuden and download
ppp.setup.tgz in my sleep.  I can even quote chapter and verse of most of
the ppd man pages.  What I can't do is connect, and I think about half of
this is the inability to see what the heck is transpiring on my serial line.

Is there a way to monitor the signals sent and received?  I have kdebug
set to 4 in the options, and I've looked at every syslog on the planet,
but nothing tells me what's going on.

What's going on?  It dials, it negotiates a connection, it blinks the I/O
light for a few minutes, then it disconnects and re-dials.  That is about
all I can tell you with the information at hand.

...and I thought VMS was a pain to set up  :)