Subject: Re: xinit error
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1996 07:45:51
John Ostrowick Computer Science Department, University of the
Witwatersrand 1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. 1st Floor,
Senate House 1012 Phone: +27 (011) 716-3783 jon@cs.wits.ac.za or
jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za or jon@is.co.za My web page is on my server's:
http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/ My ftp site:
ftp://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/public partition/ My listserv:
subscr@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za (any message with a body)

 On Thu, 29 Aug
1996, Scott Reynolds wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, John Ostrowick wrote:
>
> > when i try to start the xserver by running xinit, it works, flashes the
> > desktop pattern and the x cursor, then exits with an error message which i
> > do not have enough time to read because it then clears the screen.
>
> What are you using for a .xinitrc?  (You should really try the system
> default, first.)  If .xinitrc exits, X will terminate.

a simple shell script containing a few programs i want to run. why?
because for some wierd reason, none of the default twmrc's xinitrc's etc
installed ! weeeeird.