Subject: Re: hfsutils - do they work?
To: Mr BOFH <root@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/1996 10:15:11

> I cannot get unix to mount the mac partitions. I need to be able to write
> to them. i tried reading the hmount manpage but it was less than helpful.
> the syntax it gives is
>
> hmount sourcepath partition
>
> this isn't helpful. what is a sourcepath? how am i supposed to sniff what
> partition it is i want to mount? all i want to do is say 'mount the mac
> partition called 'macintosh hd' to /mnt ! easy! but how?

I'm not familiar with hmount, but at present, you can't mount mac partitions
in the NetBSD file space. Paul goyette and I are porting code to do this,
but it's not done yet.

I've used hfs, and it lists all the mac partitions on the system as
the first step. It lets you read them; nothing writes AFAIK.

Take care,

Bill