Subject: formatting hard drives
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <MM_CMC@uno.cc.geneseo.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/1996 18:19:57
	Forgive me if this is off topic for this discussion group, but I was
wondering if anyone knows a way to format a non-apple scsi hard drive.
I think it does not have the apple driver.  I plug in the data cable just and
power supply just like I do for my quantum 80 and when I turn the computer on
I see the green light on the drive come on and a question mark which was
expected.  I instert  my disk tools disk with the Hard drive tool kit that
came on a cd from power computing.  When I run the hard drive tool kit it
doesnt recognize anything at any of the scsi ports.  not even my cd-rom
at scsi 3.  can someone please tell me how I would go about putting an apple
driver on to my scsi maxtor 230 drive?
oh btw my machine is a mac IIci.
-Chris