Subject: Re: Kaboom! Please help
To: John R. Goold <mystic@magic.ca>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/1996 00:11:56
<snip>
>I then attempted to run NetBSD/MacInstall Utility 1.1. It started up and
>displayed the following:
>
>sd0 at scsi ID 0.
>sd1 at scsi ID 6.
>Partition read, SCSIID = 0
>Mounting partition 'A' as /
>failed mountfs(), error 22.
>mount root. : Undefined error: 0

An error of type 22 generally indicates that it can't mount(didn't find
or doesn't like) your root partition.  I'm not sure why it would not be
able to mount your partition from your description.  I am also using FWB
ToolKit and am able to mount similar partitions with no problem.

How many partitions(MacOS, BSD, etc.) exist on the selected disk??  Does
the HDT Primer list the "A/UX Root file system" partition as one of the
first or near the end??  I only ask because the current maximum partitions
that it pays attention to is 8.

If you could, try the test installer I have uploaded to:

ftp://ftp.best.com/pub/sbrown/test_installer.hqx

That includes some more error checking that was written for the next
release.  Let me know if that works for you, or if it doesn't, what
error message you happen to get.

Steve Brown