Subject: Re: Kaboom! Please help
To: John R. Goold <mystic@magic.ca>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/1996 22:29:28
On Sun, 25 Aug 1996, John R. Goold wrote:

<snip>

Short form reply (better than the 3 page long form reply)....  Everything
looks okay.  You might try booting with a Disk Tools floppy from an older
version of MacOS, though, as that's similar to the stability problems that
several ppl on campus here have had with Netscape under 7.5.3.

The other possibility is a bad block somewhere.  Mountfs appears to verify
each... (correct this) inode's (or maybe vnode's) readability....  That
may not be right, I'm looking at Installer 1.0's code, and that's what it
looks like by the time I get past all the pointer definitions to the for
loop.  Regardless, it's reading some block at regular offsets and storing
something into a block of memory.  It's too late at night.  Sorry, folks.

Hope one of those two ideas helps.  Other than that... you might play with
Installer 1.0 just to see.

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |