Subject: Re: MacII-->Sonnet Tech 030 accelerator . . .
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/1996 23:02:16
>Exactly the same as the Duo's used to do!  Try Daishi Kato's kernel
>and/or the "invidtest" kernel.  They don't boot (mine),  but do get as far
>as initializing the internal console and writing some output to it.

The intvidtest kernels don't do the MMU trickery that Daishi's kernels do.
I would imagine that Daishi's kernels might work on the Sonnets if it's an
MMU problem.

BTW, has anybody found out why *some* machines don't like having their tt0
register messed with? Isn't this stuff documented in the 030 users manual
somewhere?

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill