Subject: Re: Can't mount root
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tokuyuki KOMIYAMA <komiyama@twics.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/1996 14:16:38
Thanx, Bill.

At 11:59 AM 96.8.24, Bill Studenmund wrote:
Bill> <Very nice & detailed system description snipped for brevity>

Sorry for inconvenience, but I could not record
all the logs come from booting process, I don't know why though.
Is there any relevant portions I have to carefully watch?

Bill> Hmm. Make sure you made devices in the installer (just look in
Bill> /dev to see if stuff's there).

It seems fine.

Bill> If that's not the problem, try something like "disklabel sd0c"
Bill> and see if the partitions are showing up correctly.

With Disklabel it says;
sd0a: Root 'UNIX Root&Usr slice 0' at 3072176 size 1068004
sd0b: Swap 'Swap' at 4140180 size 86545
sd0d: HFS 'MacOS' at 2048888 size 1023288
sd0e: HFS 'MacOS' at 144 size 1024372
sd0f: HFS 'MacOS' at 1024516 size 1024372

Now, I'm wondering if 'UNIX Root&Usr slice 0' partition has
to be located very begining of the entire disk. ????

I'm checking out several files of this ML archive
and found the same problem posted twice, but I could not
find any solution yet.

Tokuyuki.