Subject: Re:Q605
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: None <omar@webnetmktg.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1996 19:56:22
>> By the way I installed the hard drive in this Q605 and
>>it is SCSI. I did however upgrade this from an LCII but that should not
>>make any diffrence. These are some other specs you might be intrested in.
>
>The addresses you gave me didn't match the ones we had for the Q605, but
>it looks like someone had guessed at them before anyway so I wasn't
>surprised.  The ones in error are used for ADB initialization and
>interrupt processing, so there's a good chance a new Kernel might work
>for you.  You can find it at:
>
><ftp://members.aol.com/bobnestor/netbsd.tar>
>
>Transfer it in binary.  It will install with the Installer Application,
>and let me know what kind of results you get with it.  If it works I'll
>send the address changes in so we can get them into the source tree.
>Sorry it took me so long but my hi-speed modem gave out and I'm running
>on a 2400 baud backup.  Almost had the Kernel uploaded when I got hit
>with a thunderstorm that zapped the lights and I had to start all over.
>
>Since you upgraded from an LC-II I wonder if you still have access to
>that machine.  I'm still looking for someone to run the ROM sniffer on an
>LC-II, an LC-III, and an LC-III+.
>
>Good luck, and let me know how it goes.
>-bob

No sorry I don't they swaped out motherboards.

Sorry but the kernel you gave me didn't work. Not saying that the others did
also but thanks. These are the results,

Logging to bootlog
Booting...MID_M68K executable: entry 0x3356.
 + 48244

Set _boothowto to 0x2.
  Bye-bye...
        So I sez to him...  The real way
        that it should be done is to...
Ser Console = 0

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x0.

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }.

This is what I got when I boot with the 1.9.2 booter and in single user mode.