Subject: Re:
To: None <omar@webnetmktg.com>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1996 12:31:51
>Hi all
>        I have been running mac-BSD for about a year now on an SE/30 and it
>worked wonderful. Unfortunantly I can't use it any more because its going
>out so I thought of porting it to my Q605. well I got pretty far but the
>only ting is I can't find a kernel for it. I am hoping this is because
>there is none out there for the Q605. I tried to use the ADB test kernel
>and it did not work. A window came up telling me that this has not been
>tested on this machine.

You can get past this by setting the booter's "booting" options correctly.
Basically, just check the box that says "Don't bug me about untested machine".
Unfortunately, I believe that the Q605 uses the same SCSI controller chip
as the Q610 and is therefore not going to work anyway.  The proper SCSI
driver has not been written yet.  With the Q610 and the adbtest kernel
it gets all the way to telling me there is no boot device and quits.
Can someone else chime in as to whether the Q605 uses the NCR53C90 SCSI
chip or not??

Steve Brown