Subject: Re: New Problem: Odd Terminal situation...
To: Chris Jacobson <fear@athenet.net>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1996 12:08:34
>Now I've got a new problem...
>
>Every time I log in as root, it asks me for a terminal...I know thats ok,
>I like that, in fact if I could do something so the users would get the
>prompt too it would be nice... but then the problem is it defaults to
>'unknown'...

The default can be set in /etc/ttys or I believe you can also structure your
"tset" command to give a reasonable default mapping(see the man page on tset
for more info).

If you get a good tset command you want to propagate to everyone, you can
put it in /etc/csh.login or, preferably, you can just copy it automatically
to their home directory in whatever "adduser" type script you have written.
You might check out the default "dot" files provided in /usr/share/skel as
examples.

Steve Brown