Subject: Internal Video Update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1996 01:07:16
Sorry, it's been so long since I posted or done much but I've been terribly
busy. However, I have a tiny bit of time and I'd like to get 0.x REALLY done
this time and ready for release. I'm prob. going to cut 0.x a little short
since I'm starting to get into territory that is better explored by people
who actually have the hardware at their disposal. I'm also going to try and
get the code merged with the latest 1.2Beta code.

I've just realized that it will be necessary to support *multiple* internal
videos for PowerBooks that support external monitors. This basically means that
1.x will actually have some substance to it. I've decided that part of the
driver reform I'm going to institute in 1.x will include a real attach and
probe routine so that both monitors can be supported fully.

Multiple internal video makes 2.x a little more of a challenge but the ideas
knocking around in my head haven't changed too much from the original ones.

Look for the next 0.x release soon.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill