Subject: Classic II probs...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jacobson <fear@athenet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/23/1996 15:14:10
Hello all... Im new to the list (although I had been on it a long time
ago), and Im fairly new to MacBSD | NetBSD/mac68k.

I have installed NetBSD/mac68k 1.1 on my Classic II (which has an FPU)...
the default netbsd11 (#47?) Kernel wont boot completely (it stops at
about where it should start sending out the serial port), but The Generic
#67 build does boot ok into single-user mode.

However, my primary problem is in multi-user mode... here is what I get:

setting tty flags
starting network
add host myname.my.domain: gateway localhost
starting rpc daemons: portmap.
starting system logger, time daemontimed: no network usable
.
checking for core dump...
Aug 22 23:33:03 myname /netbsd: uid 0 on /usr: file system full
savecore: no core dump
checking quotas: done.
building databases...
clearing /tmp
standard daemons: update cron.
starting network daemons: routed printer inetd.
creating runtime link editor directory cache.
starting local daemons:.
Thu Aug 22 23:33:38 PDT 1996
Aug 22 23:33:05 myname last message repeated 89 times
Aug 22 23:33:39 myname init: kernel security level changed from 0 to 1
Aug 22 23:33:42 myname getty[294]: /dev/ttye0: Device not configured

Now everything looks fine up until the getty problem, at which point a
few seconds pass, the drive runs some more data again, then it just sits
there.
I can type in, its echoed back and all, but nothing I do has any effect.

Very confusing.
(BTW the /usr problem of file system full is because I only gave the BSD
Usr partition 125 megs and daringly decided to install src.... <eek>)

- Chris Jacobson