Subject: Re: apps
To: Mr BOFH <root@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/23/1996 12:49:20
Thus spake Mr BOFH:

> I need the following: a drawing app that could work like macdraw, a text
> editor with minimal copy/paste like teachtext. Any ideas? I've tried
> emacs for the latter function but it's way over the top as far as
> resources are concerned. I want minimal, not 4.5mb on disk.
> someone once told me this little joke which i now understand:
> emacs stands for....
>
> eight megabytes and constantly swapping.

Whoa!  no holy wars here please everybody. ;)

Probably the solution to your problem is pico or at least that's what is
popular with most users here for that kind of task (I'm a vi person, myself).

Gene

---
Gene E. Skonicki =-= sparta@imsa.edu =-= Phone: 630-759-5275
Life is far too short to disbelieve your immortallity.