Subject: Re: Confused about certain X programs...
To: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/22/1996 08:27:18
On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Jell-O wrote:

> Whenever I run either Netscape or Mosaic and have it displayed on my
> machine, it seems that both of them open a window that exceeds my
> desktop geometry.  This happens most of the time at the bottom of the
> screen.  I've edited my Netscape.ad file [...]

Where is the Netscape.ad file?  (You know that they specifically recommend
against using that, right?)  What I would do is pull the appropriate
Netscape*geometry line, assuming that's what it is, into your .Xdefaults
file.  Realize that it may well save the window size and position
somewhere else, though, and I can't help you there.

I use fvwm, so if I have a window that is too big, I tack it down at (0,0)
and then use the virtual desktop to resize it. :-)

--scott