Subject: Re: serial ports
To: Nick STEPHEN <stephen@gr.osf.org>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/22/1996 00:08:03
Nick STEPHEN wrote:

> We certainly didn't deliberately assign the two rial ports in the
> opposite order to macbsd, it just came out that way, if we'd known about
> the ordering in MacBSD then my call would have been to copy those
> conventions.

Channel A is tty00 on all of the NetBSD zs drivers; it's not a
mac68k-specific thing.  The user base stretches further than our little
Mac world, in the NetBSD universe.  In fact, it's the natural ordering
insofar as other systems (like SunOS if I'm not mistaken) have also used
it, historically.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

--scott