Subject: Re: time
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johnny Chi-Lung Lam <jlbg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/21/1996 12:54:37
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.port-mac68k: 21-Aug-96 Re: time
by "Brian R. Gaeke"@laird.c
> And then spake Aaron Mansheim as follows:
> > For the rest of us, what's the formula: should GMT bias reflect
> > the correct number of minutes from GMT, or the number of minutes
> > that NetBSD's time is off by?
> > For example, my machine gives the time one hour ahead, and I'm
> > on US Eastern time. (Yes, location and time are set properly on
> > the Mac.)
>
> I've put automatic gmt bias calculation on my to-do list for a later
> booter release, btw.
>
> -Brian

For others who are also in the EST time zone, since I use my Mac-side
quite a bit and I set my time and date using the General Control Panel,
to keep the NetBSD time correct, I link /etc/localtime to East-Indiana.
East-Indiana doesn't believe in Daylight Savings Time, which is exactly
the behaviour I want.

Cheers,

    -- Johnny C. Lam
       Carnegie Mellon University