Subject: Re: serial ports
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Nick STEPHEN <stephen@gr.osf.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/21/1996 13:28:55
> > I don't know why the mkLinux folks did [serial ports] backwards. Grr.

Um, we didn't intentionally do anything 'backwards'. We try to maintain
compatibility with intel linux as much as possible, other than that we
just do what appears correct.

We certainly didn't deliberately assign the two serial ports in the
opposite order to macbsd, it just came out that way, if we'd known
about the ordering in MacBSD then my call would have been to copy
those conventions. It's probably a bit late now for us however,
although maybe we can review this (or of course macbsd could, since
your install base is slightly smaller than ours ;-)

                [ Nick ]
__
Nick Stephen		     MkLinux:  http://www.mklinux.apple.com
OSF Research Institute	     Homepage: http://www.gr.osf.org/~stephen
2, Avenue de Vignate	     Email:    stephen@gr.osf.org
38610 Gieres - France	     Phone:    +33 76 63 48 72   Fax: +33 76 51 05 32