Subject: Re: mail refuses to send now
To: Mr BOFH <root@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/19/1996 12:31:31
On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Mr BOFH wrote:

> 	gives an access pirv type error. I checked the var/mail/ thing and
> the files are marked for access by root only; so why should sendmail
> refuse to write the outgoing mail? It only happens with 'mail', not with
> pine. Pine dumps debug errors still :-(

Make sure you haven't filled up /tmp.  Do a df and see if / is too full.
Also make sure that /var/mail itself is rwx for root, each file within
should be rw- for the user whose name appears in the filename, --- for
everyone else, and var/mail should also be r-x for both group and world.
Besides that, I haven't a clue.

Good luck,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |