Subject: Re: Networking
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Kornegay <mlk@mlksys.atl.ga.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/16/1996 22:49:29
In Regards to your letter <Pine.OSF.3.90.960814081848.5682A-100000@theta.math.wsu.edu>:

> I want to SLIP/PPP my BSD box into an ISP, then use the unix box as a
> gateway allowing three other machines (2 DOS/Win, 1 MacOS) to directly
> access the net.
I assume your service provider will only provide one address with no
routing, possibly a dynamic address.  In such a case your other systems
would be isolated from the Internet.

You should look at the FWTK HOWTO FAQ on, I'm not sure, www.netbsd.com or
on puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us.

Another option might be SLIRP, which allows shell logins to get dialup
IP access.  I do not know where this is located, but it shouldnt be too
hard to find, I have run into pointers to it more than once over the past
couple months.

I have also been thinking about doing something similar, but just havent
had the free time to try to set it up yet.

Good luck and copy me with your progress if successful,

Michael L. Kornegay
Internet: mlk@mlksys.atl.ga.us