Subject: Compiling kernels?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/16/1996 15:23:04
Hi,

I supped the ksrc-mac68k and the ksrc-common sources but I can't figure out
how to create the makefile to compile them.  The kernel how-to says there
is supposed to be a file called SYSTEM in sys/arch/conf or something.
Apparently it didn't get supped.  Where do I get it from?

Also, I live in the Seattle-area and there is a company called Metricom
that is offering wireless 28.8 internet service for $29.95 a month.  I was
thinking this would be a cheap way to get a dedicated internet connection.
Anyway I would like to use my NetBSD mac as a router for the other
computers on my LocalTalk network.  The SCC is unusable at (rel.) high
speeds required for LocalTalk, but what about other 3rd party nubus serial
cards?  I don't have much experience programming under unix but I could
probably write the driver.

Thanks,

--
Steven Carlson