Subject: Re: sigh, even more questions
To: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/16/1996 16:02:35
On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, Jell-O wrote:

> Wow!  I didn't know that anyone had their computer shutting down
> power to their machine.

Well, wouldn't you know, I had forgotten about that particular problem on
some machines.  If I recall correctly, the IIsi is one machine that this
currently doesn't work on -- because powering the system off requires some
interaction with the ADB.  Machines that can shut down by twiddling a bit
in one of the VIAs already power down just fine.

The good news is that this should be much easier with the new
direct-to-hardware ADB code (you know them as the ADBTEST kernels).

--scott