Subject: Re: sigh, even more questions
To: Andrew MacGibbon <andrew-m@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/15/1996 23:25:15
>At 9:28 PM 15/8/96, Mr BOFH wrote:
>>are there any screensavers?
>
>For X, there is xlock written by
>
>Patrick J. Naughton                email: naughton@sun.com
>
>I have no idea where it is available sorry, but may be on some sunsite
>somewhere.
>Whether it works or not, I don't know.....

xlock works very well. Also, xautolock(runs in the background and will
automatically invoke xlock after a certain amount of inactivity).

As I recall they both required some minor changes to compile.  If you can't
find them or have trouble with the compile, let me know and I'll try to help
out.  I didn't see these on ftp.macbsd.com in the contrib/unix directory.
Is there interest in putting them there??  I also have xtetris 2.6 compiled.
Admittedly, it's not a screen saver, but it's so nifty running on color X. :-)

Steve Brown

        It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.
                                        -Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
                                        a.k.a Lewis Carroll