Subject: Re: sigh, even more questions
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/15/1996 21:01:50

> > are there any screensavers?
>
> Besides the monitor's power switch, to my knowledge, nobody has created
> one.  It might be possible to merge something like that into a special
> version of dt, though, since it directly uses the grf drivers and
> effectively replaces the console.  That's the only way I can think of is
> to merge with either dt or xterm or something running under x.
>
> Thoughts?

I've thought about this one before.  On some Macs with built-in video, we
have the ability to control the power to the monitor.  This may be a nice
idea for a new project.  I shouldn't be too difficult (watch this become
ironic) to make.  I was just wondering if anyone has already worked on
this or has knowledge of how to access this switch.

Thanks,

Jon
wookie@us.net