Subject: Re: I/O errors...
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@leech.q7.com>
From: Greg Putrich <gregp@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/15/1996 19:00:17
On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> checksumming. I had big problems with both Generic #67 and #(bigger number
> I can't remember). I fixed things by downloading SBC #2.

SBC #2 locks up on me very early in the boot, before it leaves MacOS. I
turned on extra debugging and the last things I get before locking up:

Set _mac68k_vrsrc cnt to 0x1

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x800a 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0}
slotid 0x75 spid 0xe110, onoff 10

Right now, I'm back to 1.1B Generic #7. Been messing with termination and
device order. No apparent effect. Still fails on the 850 (Quantum
Trailblazer) when there is lots of device activity (grep'ing a >2MB file).

Seeing as others are having problems with the Fireball, is there
something specific with the Quantum's that are causing the problems?

> Good luck!

I need it.

Greg Putrich - Internet: gregp@primenet.com                       [skeezix]
Public Key 27E97EBD = 62 0E B9 A2 45 D2 64 AC 8A B4 6D 9D 5B 23 90 1F

                   So much time... so little to do.