Subject: Re: First attempt to boot mac68k-NetBSD
To: None <roger@dataton.se, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Schmiedl <nafets@europeonline.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/15/1996 00:16:07

>The last machine I tried was an SE/30 but I didn't even get a message
>from the booter, just a frozen Macintosh. Isn't everybody running macbsd
>on an SE/30? Shouldn't it be the easiest machine to get going? Are all
>my machines strange???

I am using the tools that came with the 1.1 distribution, i.e
Booter 1.8, Installer 1.0, Mkfs ?? don't know right know ??
After switching 32 bit memory on and virtual off (no one told
me until after I found out the hard way ...) everything worked
"like software on a Mac is supposed to", i.e. followed the
installation instructions and the system was up and running fine.
Err, to avoid trouble with serial i/o, I am using the Generic #7 kernel.

Greetings,

Stefan Schmiedl

    email: nafets@europeonline.com
    phone: +94 21 92 39 16
snailmail: Ittlinger Stra=DFe 27c, D-94315 Straubing, Germany
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit ..."