Subject: Networking
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert C. Tindall <rtindall@delta.math.wsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/14/1996 08:20:38
Here's a newbie Q:

I want to SLIP/PPP my BSD box into an ISP, then use the unix box as a
gateway allowing three other machines (2 DOS/Win, 1 MacOS) to directly
access the net.

If there is a place to look just point me in the right direction,
otherwise here are the details:

I have just managed to convince the generic release version of NetBSD to
function on an old MacII.  I have an Asante ethernet card installed, and
it hooks to a 9 port hub.  I also have a 386, a 486, and a PPC attached to
the hub.  What I would like to accomplish is conncting the MacII to the
net through PPP, then using it as a means of allowing the other three
machines to access the net.

Since I have never even THOUGHT of doing something like this before I'm
not sure I even know where to start.  Suggestions, comments, and good
places to learn what I need to know would be appreciated.

R. Tindall
Computer Repair Tech II
Propeller Head Lead
Washington State