Subject: HFS utils binaries?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/1996 18:50:36
Hello,

Would someone be kind enough to point me to where the hfs-utils binaries
are?  I get errors when I try to compile the source.

Also, I downloaded I perl a while back and I'm not quite sure how to
install it, or those pesky man pages that came with it.  (I'm rather new to
unix, can't you tell?)

This is probably off topic but on my ISP's server I have my umask set to
700, the system default is 22.  Whenever I run a program it executes with
66 permissions. If I use ed or vi and try to create a file and write the
output it creates the file with 66 permissions and then can't write to it.
It doesn't do this if I have my umask set to 22.  How do I fix this?

Thanks,

--
Steven Carlson
stevec@accessone.com