Subject: Re: Trouble Booting NetBSD1.1 (mac68K)
To: Mark Lintell <mlintell@ns.waymark.net>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/1996 12:48:59
I'm redirecting this message from netbsd-help to port-mac68k, as it's a
more appropriate place to talk about NetBSD/mac68k questions.

On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, Mark Lintell wrote:

> I am trying to get NetBSD up and running on my IIsi running MacOS 7.5.3. I
> have a 20" monitor attached using an old 8-bit NuBus card from Relax
> Technology.

Is the display adapter a QuickDraw-compatible card?  That might make a
difference.  (Most are, that I've seen.)

> I am using the Booter 1.9.2 and have tried various snapshot
> kernels as well as the original 1.1 release kernel. The boot fails
> everytime with video adressing problems. The video address is being
> detected as 0xf9900000 and the boot stops with the following messages.
>
> Failure in BSD boot  nextpa=0x103000
>                      high[0]=0x100000

You mentioned you have 32-bit addressing turned on; virtual memory (or RAM
Doubler) is disabled, right?  Just checking. :-)