Subject: Re: Mounting partitions
To: Chris Overbeek <coverbeek@comshare.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/10/1996 09:46:24
> I am using netBSD 1.1 (with a recompiled kernel from a friend) on a IIsi
> with a 160 MB HD.  I partitioned the drive into 4 partitions, ~5MB MacOS,
> ~25MB swap, ~80MB root&usr, and the remaining I was going to mount as a
> volatile user area.  The problem is, I can't seem to get it to mount.  I
> have tried formatting it as every different kind of partition that seemed
> likely (user #1, #2 etc..., root&usr, root, unix free etc...), and before
> I get flamed, I did run mkfs on each before trying to mount.
>
> I also have tried mounting it as sd0c-sd0g and for sd0c it seems to find
> the filesystem, but says it has a bad superblock (I tried alternates, but
> same response).  fsck can't fix the problem.  Do I have a bad disk?  Did
> I screw something else up?

I gather that the Root&User partition is working fine, it's just that the
additional partition isn't.

What does disklabel say (disklabel /dev/sd0c)? There should be two of them
which show up as 4.2BSD. You've already got /dev/sd0a mounted, the spare
partition is the other one. Try mounting it.

If only one partition shows up, then there's something wrong with the
flags on the second partition (NetBSD doesn't think it's a good partition).

Good luck!

Bill