Subject: Re: X niceties
To: David Bushong <dbushong@volga.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1996 19:30:57

> 2) Whats the best web browser to use?  I've tried phoenix, which never
>     worked right (errors and crashes), mosaic (slow, no tables, errors,
>     crashes), and arena (forms screwed up and crashes).  Arena has been what
>     I've been using, but am open to recommendations.

Well, since I had no other choice, I've been telnetting into my
university account and running netscape off of their RS/6000 machine.
Although it's not like running the app on a local machine, it's not
terribly slow going over a 28.8 PPP connection.  If you have the
ability to use Netscape over a TCP/IP connection, try it out.  Netscape's
a better browser that all of those.

-Jon