Subject: PMOVE instruction??
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: weripp <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/05/1996 10:10:48
Does anybody have the machine language instruction syntax for the pmove
instruction? I'm finnally trying to get NetBSD to run on my IIsi with the
DayStar 40MHz 68040. The kernel is dying in the boot after disabling the
MMU, so I was going to look at the MMU translation tree from the Mac side,
and hey presto, can't use pmove under THINK C. From locore.s, I presume
4e7b (from memory) is the instruction word for pmove, but thereafter, I'm
lost.

I getting sick of Macsbug (which doesn't really take that long), and its
report of the MMU registers doesn't match with what's in my Motorola book.

Also, does anyone know of any doco on the '040 MMU? Diffs from the '030
MMU? etc.

Thanks,
--
Paul Ripke