Subject: Video Update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/03/1996 22:26:54
Sorry folks, I want to polish up the 0.x video code for release and put in
PB external video but I've been very busy. It might take a couple of weeks.

Anyway, 1.x should be very simple to put together and I might even be able to
finish it in a couple of minor revs over the course of a few days (famous
last words?) :)

2.x will be more complicated but I think I've already got a good plan for the
code in my head. I have one question for memory gurus on this one though:
How are devices mapped in? I've seen how you have the address for IOBase
but when you relocate it, it seems as though "IOBase = newsaddress" is all
you do. I haven't been able to spot the actual code that does the remapping
of the pages. I.e. ASCBase is moved to some offset of IOBase but this would
move just one address. This can't be since sound needs a bunch of addresses
to work. So where's the code that does the remapping? In addition, how much
of device space is mapped in? All of it like 0x5n000000-0x5FFFFFFF?
The reason I ask is that video is going to end up acting like just another
device but the spot for the control addresses might not always be in the
same place so I need to know how the heck to map in new device addresses
before I can go poking around in hardware space. :)

Thanks for being patient!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill