Subject: for 1.9.3b3...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/02/1996 01:06:16
For booter 1.9.3b3 I currently have the following agenda:

1. No maximum miniroot size - only constrained by memory availability,
   since NetBSD miniroots seem to be ballooning in size as of late.

2. Figure out why a dialog comes up to which one must say OK before booting
   when there is no video card installed. The current theory is that video
   address, although we are really in 32-bit mode, looks like a 24-bit
   address, and this is wrong. Probably, the whole rigmarole the booter goes
   through to determine whether the video address is 32-bit or 24-bit is
   completely bogus because the booter shouldn't even start if we're REALLY
   in 24-bit mode. Might there be cases in which the video card is using
   24-bit mode and the rest of the system is not? My gut feeling is that this
   is unlikely. Is there someone out there who knows for sure?

Any info on the above items, or other urgent matters to be addressed,
would be appreciated.

-Brian (booter guy)

--
Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us> - Ask me for my PGP public key!
"If I were a blue spider, I would certainly ride on a train all the way from