Subject: Re: Cross-Compiling.
To: jeff schindall <jeff@wave14i.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1996 15:39:49

> >Daishi Kato is cross compiling MacBSD from that unix-shell thing...
> >
> >what's it called?  the old atari thing?   I forget... dang!
> >
> >I've considered porting the cross compiler to the MacOS, if the demand
> >is sufficient.  Unfortunately, testing it may be tricky because I
> >don't currently own a Mac that is MacBSD compatible -- I have a Duo.
> >

> Would it be possible to use the gcc and other gnu-tools that cygnus has
> ported to MPW?  Everything is on the cygnus ftp site in the /pub/mac dir.

No, I doubt it.  At the risk of exposing my ignorance, I doubt that...

Never mind.  I'm ignorant.  Let's hear from the compiler gurus here.  My
guess is that it won't work because I suspect that the formats of the
object and linker output are incompatible with BSD.

If you think it will work, it's a 20 minute job to get it out of MPW and
into MacOS (a little more if you actually want command line options!)