Subject: Re: News! pds color+ethernet for SE/30!!!
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1996 15:39:32
At 5:22 PM 7/14/96, "The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood]"
> > Also, is it even possible to find a pds
> > connector without cannibalizing hardware?
>
> It's probably one of the standard connector types, though I wouldn't have
> a clue which one.  You might try calling Apple tech support and asking for
> the part numbers... I doubt it would be "proprietary", since everybody
> building a card has to use them.  But then, you know Apple....

The Developer Note on the IIsi (there doesn't appear to be one on the SE/30,
but the two use the same PDS cards) claims that the connector is a
"Euro-DIN 120-pin socket connector".  Since they don't give an example part
number for a particular vendor (like they do with most other connectors in
these notes), I would guess that this is enough to uniquely describe the
connector.  I could be wrong, though.

-- monroe