Subject: Re: Swap on other harddisk?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1996 15:09:52
On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > A 2.5" disk doesn't have room for a standard SCSI connector.  It uses a
> > mini-SCSI connector.
>
> True, but wouldn't they just use a smaller 2x25 connector w/ the
> same pinouts? I thought most comodity computer parts makers (as opposed
> to our friends in Cupertino ;-) didn't like to arbitrarily change designs.

> > David, you might try doing a search in altavista or yahoo.  Several
> > months ago, I found SCSI info that way.

Here's what the connector is:

two connectors, in-line.  The first is a two row, 20 pin per row
connector, total is 40 pins.  That is all that the PowerBook uses.
The second connector is unused internally, so I suspect the two
rows of four pins each are for ID jumpers (2^4=16, scratches head),
and maybe... a parity jumper or something....  I dunno.

Digging on the net, I found info on every conceivable variety of
connector except the one I'm looking for.  I still haven't been able to
get theref to respond, so... I'll keep digging.

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |