Subject: Re: No response on some commands
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1996 17:25:55
On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] wrote:

> It was a mess.  This
> was, of course, after I found several files' inodes creamed with the s and
> an L somewhere in the permissions.  A couple of days later (yesterday),
> the same thing happened.

I'm not certain why this happens, but it may be related to the drive
make/model.  It happens to me, and is the reason I started work on the sbc
driver (which has ground to a halt lately, due to hardware problems I hope
to resolve shortly).

> Any suggestions as to how to prevent this from happening?  It seems to
> only occur when the machine has been up in multi-user mode for several
> hours and is then rebooted normally.

I have no suggestions, other than to try the sbc driver instead, but that
may not suit your needs.  I have noticed the same thing about the pattern
of corruption.

--scott