Subject: Re: current machine status updates
To: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1996 10:19:43

> I would reduce the categories and actually mention what features work and
> what features don't.  The word "partially" doesn't offer anything, unless
> you mention what features work.  The area for features "(xxx)" could be
> filled in like the Centris 650 below.

This is why I said that my categories could use some work ;-)

Anyway, for the final machine status document I was going to have a chart
sort of like:

Model:  CPU:  IntVid?:  ADB?:  SCSI?:  Enet?:  FPU?:  Comments:
-----   ---   -------   ----   -----   -----   ----   --------

Or something like that (I haven't quite finished fleshing it out yet.
Probably need a to list which kernel works best as well.

> Maybe we should make a table with all of the systems and features
> supported.  A list of features would be serial console, ADB, SCSI, internal
> ethernet, nubus ethernet, internal video, nubus video, color video, etc.

Ok, something like this.  Perhaps I'll have to add a few to my list.

> The Centris 650 won't work with the 1.2 kernel.  Comments should be added
> to use the Wittkoski kernel and where to find it.  Any other
> "not-included-in-1.2" for other systems should also be listed.

Yeah, I was going to add that.  I suppose I should have made it a little
more clear that the list I posted was just a brief summary of what I
could find as of last night.

Anyway, I should have a preliminary version of the new page up for
perusal soon.

Thanks for the info on the 650!

Later.