Subject: fsck -p hangs up...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPi5FaCEhQ1IbKEI=?= <skojima@dsp.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1996 10:35:22
 Hello,

 I'd like to ask a question about fsck...

 I've connected external hard disk to my SE/30, partitioning
the disk entirely as A/UX Slice 1. I succeded to mount the
partition as /dev/sd1g manually, so I've edited /etc/fstab
like this:

/dev/sd0a	/	ffs	rw 1 1
/dev/sd0b	none	swap	sw 0 0
/dev/sd0g	/usr	ffs	rw 1 2
/dev/sd1g	/mnt	ffs	rw 1 3
kern		/kern	kernfs	rw 0 0
proc		/proc	procfs	rw 0 0

 Rebooting MacBSD with this fstab, it hangs at ``fsck -p'' in
rc.local, after checking /dev/sd0a and /dev/sd0g.

 I've booted MacBSD in single user mode, and tested
following commands.

1. fsck
2. fsck /dev/sd1g
3. fsck -p /dev/sd1g
4. fsck -p

 Executing ``fsck'', specifing no option, succeds without problem.
``fsck /dev/sd1g'' and ``fsck -p /dev/sd1g'' succeds also.
But, fsck -p hangs...

 But strangely enough, changing fsck as below,

/dev/sd1g	/mnt	ffs	rw 1 3
/dev/sd0a	/	ffs	rw 1 1
/dev/sd0b	none	swap	sw 0 0
/dev/sd0g	/usr	ffs	rw 1 2
kern		/kern	kernfs	rw 0 0
proc		/proc	procfs	rw 0 0

 fsck -p succeeds with any problem!
Of cource, booting MacBSD with this fstab does not hang and succeeds also.

 Is this problem a ``known'' problem, or am I missing
something ? Is there any solution for this problem?

I'm using:

 SE/30 with 1G Intenral HDD (SCSI ID 0), 527MB External HDD
(SCSI ID 1), Focus LapisColor 8.16, NetBSD 1.1. (I've
reproduced the problem using newer kernel supped on 12 June.)

1G Internal HDD is partitioned:

200MB MacOS
200MB /dev/sd0g mounted on /
600MB /dev/sd1g mounted on /usr