Subject: No MacBSD on PowerBook 180 yet...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aurel Wisse <76775.1203@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/22/1996 23:06:00
Without luck about one year ago, I tried my luck again on my PB180 14MBRam,
120MB HD with a few new kernels: netbsd11 from the most recent distribution, and
netbs62 and netbs57 from ftp.eskimo.com. Like a year ago, I get the followin
three lines:

[ preserving xxxxx bytes of netbsd symbol table ]
Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k
Getting mapping from MMU

and hangs. It still doesn't get to the ADB part yet. My questions are

1) Has anybody gotten any further with a PowerBook 180 yet?
2) What is going on in the "Getting mapping from MMU" part that could make the
boot process hang?
3) Could I somehow contribute to kernel hacking (trying to make it boot on my
PB180) with MachTen?

Aurel