Subject: Re: mac68k snapshot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/1996 14:05:47
On Jun 21,  1:56pm, Colin Wood wrote:
[Brad Salai wrote:]
>> tarballs, and wonder if there is anything that I have to watch out for if I
>> tar zxvf them from /  ??
>
>things at the same time.  So I would recommend untarring Steve's archives
>in single-user if current kernels are still not quite stable.

You should have no problems with most of the packages, but for etc.tar.gz,
cd to /tmp or /usr/tmp before you unpack it, and do the merges by hand.
That is, if you want to save your current system configuration. ;-)

>P.S.  Steve, I also truly appreciate all of your efforts in making NetBSD
>binaries available.  Thanks!

You're welcome.  Like I told Scott, Lord knows I've done enough flapping
my jaws about doing coding, and nothing came of it; at least this way I
can make a contribution to the project. ;-)

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

43rd Law of Computing:
	Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped