Subject: Re: Floppy drive access??
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/1996 13:35:34
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Dave Huang wrote:

> FWIW, some Apple II(gs) folks know a lot about the IWM, since the IIgs
> also uses the IWM, which is based on the original 5.25" floppy controller.
> I'm not one of the people who know a lot about the IWM though... all I can
> do is make the disk spin and the head step :)

I've got a book that tells you how to use the IWM (IIGS Technical
Reference).  I don't know how much it could help BSD, though...

I remember using it to make my disk drive play the star-spangled banner,
and I had the drive working during "FAST" mode, which is not an easy task...

> Name: Dave Huang     |   Mammal, mammal / their names are called /
> INet: khym@bga.com   |   they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
> FurryMUCK: Dahan     |   dolphin and dog / koala bear and hog -- TMBG

Good choice of music!  www.tmbg.org!

--Rick C. Petty, aka Snoopy
SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/
pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com