Subject: Re: ported binaries/PB145 -- problem with reboot & ps
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1996 19:49:41
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Calvin wrote:

> ftp://ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD-Amiga
>
> There is a huge archive of NetBSD 1.1 compiled binaries.

Preliminary work on a macbsd archive on puma has begun.  The URL is

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/macbsd/contrib/unix/

Currently, I've only got pine, pico, and Lynx (text-based web browser) in
there, I can't get archie to compile, and have some others in preparation.
What was that new one?

Oh yeah!  NCSA httpd 1.5 beta is up.  If it crashes on anybody, let me
know and I'll chunk it and put 1.4 up instead.

I don't think we can do pgp because of the export issues and all.  If
anybody has suggestions as to what needs to be in a macbsd bin directory,
send 'em my way and I'll get to work on them.  And if anybody has some
nifty little utility that you've compiled and have time to upload, there's
an incoming directory.  Send applicable docs, too, preferrably in a tar
archive so I can maintain my sanity.

BTW, I'm having a little prob with my PB145 (Yes, now that I have a new
internal 500+ meg HD, and the external drive is connected to the IIsi,
NetBSD is _finally_ working by serial console on my 145).  Every time I do
a PS, I get a file not found error, something like /var/run/????.db.
I don't find such a file anywhere in the distribution, nor did building
devices seem to help.  I can't find the exact filename right now, but...
any ideas?

Also, reboot doesn't work -- have to use shutdown -r now.  I get a SIGILL
in reboot.  Even when I used gdb to try to block the signal, it kept
getting them over and over and over and over and... well, you get the
idea.  Ideas?  (I already reinstalled base11 to no avail.)

Cheers,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |