Subject: Re: Problems booting - please HELP !
To: Alessandro Lofaro <cu162@fim.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1996 10:08:46
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Alessandro Lofaro wrote:

> panic: don't know how to relocate video!

As has already been mentioned, this looks like it's caused by
unsupported video hardware.  If you're brave (and determined), check out
the port-mac68k mailing list archives on www.netbsd.org and look for the
recent thread re: the video survey.

> 4) I've tried to work on the Booter configuration, obtaining the same
>    results all the times: I've seen that there is an "MacOS" option
>    in the kernel location - is this an indication that I can use
>    NetBSD by creating a partition in the zip and then making it bootstrap
>    from a kernel on my (IDE) MacOS HD ?

You could do this, yes.  (It's really handy for testing kernels built
elsewhere and downloaded to your MacOS system. :-)

--scott