Subject: Re: writing to ftp user..
To: Mack Nagashima <mackn@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/30/1996 10:54:39
On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Mack Nagashima wrote:

> 	Alright..i know this is more of a question for 'hackers' and
> all..but i was wondering if theere was a way to send a message to someone
> ftping a file from a machine i'm on..  from a non-root shell.  Is this
> impossible?  :)  Just curious if it was possible...

Do you mean to send a message like with the write command or do you mean
to automagically send a message accompanying a particular file download,
or...

If A, I doubt it exists currently, if B, there should be a way, if there
isn't already.  Regardless, I suspect something could be hacked
together....

It's _possible_ to hack nearly anything that you can find source code for.

Hope that helps,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |