Subject: Kernel compile confusion
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Schrodinger's Cat <dinger@aracnet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/1996 04:35:05
Many thanks to all who responded to my last cry for help... I did manage to
get fwtk to compile and it seems to be working..... cept for a little
matter of overruns when both ports try to flow at the some time.  According
to the FAQ I should be able to change a couple of values in the zsvar.h
file of the kernel source and recompile to help clean it up.

I just downloaded the "current" sys.tar.gz package from ftp.netbsd.org...
I'm attempting to follow the instructions in the How-to to compile a kernel
but when I try to config GENERIC I get lots of syntax errors, something
like:

# ls
CVS             Makefile.mac68k PUMA            SPOT            std.mac68k
GENERIC         OCELOT          RAMDISK         files.mac68k
# config GENERIC
../../../conf/files:33: syntax error
../../../conf/files:98: syntax error
(bunch more syntax errors....)
../../../conf/files:337: syntax error
../../../conf/files: device `ep' used but not defined
*** Stop.

I feel like I'm missing something basic here.  Help?

--Chris Marklund

|     @-"-@        dinger@aracnet.com                              |
|  oOO-\o/-OOo     "Black Holes happened when God divided by Zero."|
|Owned by Ferrets  --Somebody, somewhere....                       |