Subject: Re: can't install on Mac IIsi
To: Tom Adams <Spoon@cqc.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1996 04:28:04

> >Hasn't this gotten into the FAQ yet?
> >
> >Anyway, you gotta run in 32-bit mode - turn it on in the Memory control
> >panel.

This is in the FAQ, assuming that it is in fact the problem (looks like
it probably is.

> I was unaware that the IIsi was able to run in less than 32-bit mode.  I
> thought that the II, IIx, IIcx, and SE/30 were the only Macs around with
> the 32-bit addressing switch.

All '030 Macs and probably the '040 Macs as well will run in 24-bit mode
if you set them that way.  I think that this is mainly for compatibility
reasons, as there is probably still some software out there that is not
24-bit clean (obviously it would be rather old software, though).

Later.