Subject: MacTV booting error
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: howie <ptudor@nyx.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/1996 22:47:23
Good day.

As I should have assumed by the wealth of information on puma,
NetBSD/mac68k doesn't work on my MacTV. However, I am determined to run
some sort of unix at home and decided to have a go at it and came up with
the booting error that is below my signature.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me both generally and
specifically what the problem is and anyway I could help in the effort to
get it working.

Thanking you,

Patrick
onward metric soldiers                                      ptudor@nyx.net
.
.
.
.
.
Okay, here we go.

I'm running this on a MacTV (030 at 32MHz) with 5 Megs of ram and a 160
Meg hard drive that is divided into a 20 M MacOS partition, 15 M A/UX
swap, and the rest is devoted to NetBSD. I'm currently running System 7.1.

I've used both Booter 1.8 and 1.9 andusually have the following checked:
 - Single User
 - Extra debugging info
 - Don't bug me about untested machine

I have used all the kernels I can possibly find, but the
netbsd.GENERIC-57 is my usual.

I receive the following error while booting:
Pmap bootstrapped.
Moving ROMBase from 0x40a00000 to 0xa80000.
Video address 0x50f40000 -> 06b80000.
panic: Unkown/unsupported machine class.
Stopped at     _Debugger+0x6  unlk    ab        # [or perhaps a6]