Subject: can't install on Mac IIsi
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Luttrell <peterl@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/1996 19:17:36
 I am hoping someone on the list can help me.  I am trying to install on a
 macIIsi.  After I install and unpack all of the binaries...build the
 devices, I run the booter and after what looks like identification of all
 of the devices the system hangs with this error.

 Failure in BSD boot.

 next pa=0x4106000
 high [0]=0x4106000

 panic: You're hosed

 stopped at _Debbugger+0x6:unlka6

 (this sytax may not be exact...I scratched it down quickly)

 fyi:

 my system has 9MB ram

 100MB HD  two partitions:

 20MB AUX swap

 80MB AUX /usr/root

 I am installing from a zip drive on SCSI ID 5
 the disk installing netbsd on is SCSI ID 0

 the computer is stock except for Apple FPU w/ NUBUS expansion board

 What steps can I take to debug and get NetBSD up and running.
 I have already tried doing the whole installation process over twice.
 Any help would be appreciated.

 Thanks
 -Peter Luttrell
pluttrell@evolutionary.com